There’s been a lot of conflicting information regarding SNAP and TANF benefits.

Could we please have someone from DSHS respond directly here?

From: fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org on behalf of McCarthy, Marybeth <mmccarthy@tacomacc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:09 AM
To: fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org
Subject: Homeless Coalition - Regarding SNAP and TANF benefits during the shutdown

From my contact at DSHS

Good morning, as of right now we’ll continue to process SNAP and TANF. If the shutdown continue clients will continue to receive TANF/ ABD  as they are state funded programs. We were also inform that they more likely sufficient funds to issue March food benefits.

Marybeth

Marybeth McCarthy

Resource Navigator

THA-CHAP/SPRUCE

Advising & Counseling

Tacoma Community College

253-566-5063

This listserv is part of the Tacoma/Pierce County Coalition to End Homelessness. E-mail the full coalition by sending to fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org Remember, this list is distributed to over 300 people. Send No information that can identify a client and avoid unnecessary e-mails (a thank you is polite when sent to 1 person, but a nuisance when sent to 300). To unsubscribe from this list please go to http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=dpaFskDwNXli9rRtAyzap80dUUn588vp Visit the message archive for past messages.