From: Rachael, Housing Alliance <info@wliha.org>
Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 8:09 AM
Subject: Be a part of Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day from wherever you are!
To: Maureen Howard <maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>

Dear Maureen,

Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day is here! I'm in Olympia with our whole staff, members of our board, and most importantly, hundreds of advocates from all over Washington. I love this day!

As you read this, 600+ red scarf-clad advocates are spreading across the Capitol campus, sharing their personal stories with lawmakers, and asking them to take swift action to help Washingtonians find home. It's always an exciting day, but it's also an effective one. We know that lawmakers listen to their constituents, and that our stories can change minds and laws.

You might not be in Olympia today, but you can take action to support a safe, healthy, affordable home for everyone in Washington.

Take action!

We have more housing champions than ever in Olympia, but in a difficult budget year, they need to hear from their constituents that they must prioritize housing justice. With the fiscal deadline for bills this Friday, today is an important and strategic day to remind legislators to support these bills and investments. You can learn more about our legislative priorities here.

Please contact your lawmakers today, and ask them to support the affordable housing and homelessness agenda. Your action today will make it impossible for lawmakers to ignore the need for housing justice.

Thanks for taking action,
~rachael

Rachael Myers
Executive Director