Just want to share the good news that all of our priorities have cleared today's cutoff! We had an unprecedented number of people taking action in a 24 hour period with Monday's action alert! If you were one of them - thank you! And thanks to all of you who spread the action around.
I've attached an updated bill tracker with all the details. The next cutoff is the floor cutoff on Wednesday the 17th. Each bill will have to clear that hurdle, unless they are "NTIB" or "necessary to implement the budget".
- HB 1406/Robinson is considered NTIB by both the House and Senate, so it didn't yet move out of Ways and Means, but it will be part of the budget negotiations.
- 1453/Macri passed out of Ways and Means yesterday with bipartisan support!
- 5600/Kuderer was pulled from House Rules today and is in position for a Floor vote.
- 1923/Fitzgibbon was passed out of Ways and Means today with a bipartisan mix of votes.
- 1582/Gregerson was passed out of Ways and Means today as well!
On Friday's advocate's call, we will provide an overview of how everything is going, including the budget negotiations. Here are the details: 12:00 – 1:00, 1-866-339-4555, code: 206-442-9455. This call is open to all advocates, so you are welcome to invite others to join.
Lastly, here is a great article on the Housing Trust Fund that ran in Crosscut. Thanks to Bryan for all of his great quotes! https://crosscut.com/2019/04/wa-advocates-are-asking-100m-more-fight-homelessness