Colleagues,
A bit different sort of alert from the Washington Low Income Housing Coalition but very important - if you haven't done so, take a moment to thank the Legislators who gave the folks we care about an amazing Legislative Session.

Maureen

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michele, Housing Alliance <info@wliha.org>
Date: Thu, May 2, 2019 at 2:22 PM
Subject: ONE LAST ACTION ALERT: Thank lawmakers who led the charge for housing justice
To: Maureen Howard <maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>

Dear Maureen,

Bet you thought you’d seen your last action alert from us, eh? Well, the legislative session ended with huge wins for housing justice. So now it’s time to thank the lawmakers who made those wins possible!

Thank lawmakers today!

You know how important it was that lawmakers heard from you throughout this session, keeping up a steady drumbeat of support for housing justice. Week after week, you contacted your elected officials and let them know you expected them to push forward new laws and more funds for homelessness and affordable homes.

And so many lawmakers responded. They proposed smart, compassionate legislation that will prevent homelessness. They stood up and spoke out on their chamber floors for good laws, sometimes sharing very personal stories in a public forum. They fought back against bad-faith amendments. They sponsored hearings to educate their peers and remind them of the human impact of their actions. They lobbied their colleagues behind the scenes. They insisted, in a miserable budget climate, on historic-level investments in affordable homes. They never gave up.

It’s time to say thank you to our heroic housing champions in Olympia. Together – advocates, champions, and Housing Alliance – we achieved so much this session. And that success will mean thousands more Washingtonians finding safe, healthy, and affordable homes.

Please join me in thanking the lawmakers who led the charge for housing justice this session.

Thanks!
Michele

Michele Thomas
Director of Policy and Advocacy