City of Tacoma policy input opportunity below.

Theresa Power-Drutis
executive director, New Connections
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Beale, Chris <chris.beale@cityoftacoma.org>
Date: Wed, May 8, 2019, 9:06 PM
Subject: Fwd: Racial and socioeconomic justice in housing policy resolution

FYI, see attached. This resolution is preliminary now scheduled for the 14th. Would encourage your voices in this policy discussion around housing and racial justice.

Gratefully in service,
Chris Beale, AICP
Tacoma City Councilmember, District 5
253.312.0550 (text or call)

Begin forwarded message:
Hello colleagues,

Attached you will find a resolution concerning housing policy that I plan to introduce next week; this is a final version of a previously longer resolution draft I forwarded on to you all in the past month, inviting comment and dialogue. This email is meant to invite the same feedback loop.

Thank you to the Mayor and CMs Mello and Ibsen for co-sponsoring this resolution, and thank you to our staff for helping to craft and properly direct this work as to eliminate any possible duplication of effort with AHAS.

The resolution is meant to specifically address racial and socioeconomic justice in the city’s comprehensive plan, set forth possible strategies to be studied in an effort to confront and reverse historically exclusionary housing practices through zoning, recognize and adopt the history of institutional racism in the form of redlining into the city’s Comprehensive Plan for the first time, and for the city to begin proactive study and planning efforts to identify and root out gentrification and housing displacement risk in the community.

Please let me know if you have any comments, concerns or questions I can address.