Hey all, I missed last Friday due to a training and I will miss this Friday for another training as well.

See all your smiling faces on the 31st!

CC Mendoza

MDC Manager of Community Engagement

From: Communication forum for the Tacoma Pierce County Coalition to End Homelessness [mailto:nobody@simplelists.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2019 5:15 PM
To: fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org
Subject: Daily digest for fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org

Reframing public images of homelessness - Allen Ratcliffe (18 May 2019 17:22 UTC)

Reframing public images of homelessness by Allen Ratcliffe (18 May 2019 17:22 UTC)
Reply to list

Gentleones,

I had to miss yesterday's weekly meeting because of jet lag after returning from Berlin the night before.  I was totally zorked yesterday morning!

I notice that the agenda included efforts to develop a message to the public and to legislators about homelessness.

The Frameworks Institute has a number of possible examples from which we might take some guidance.  Please Google  http://www.frameworksinstitute.org and then enter "homeless" in the custom search field at the bottom of that page.  Note that they test all proposed reframes, so there is evidence that they can be effective with the public.

It's good to be back.  Thanks!

Al Ratcliffe

This listserv is part of the Tacoma/Pierce County Coalition to End Homelessness. E-mail the full coalition by sending to fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org Remember, this list is distributed to over 400 people. Send No information that can identify a client and avoid unnecessary e-mails (a thank you is polite when sent to 1 person, but a nuisance when sent to 400). To unsubscribe from this list please go to unsubscribe page. Visit the message archive for past messages.