I was going to say the same thing – I’m not aware of any women’s shelters that refuse to let transgender clients.

Thanks,

Martha Sheppard
 Corps Officer

The Salvation Army, Tacoma, WA.
Office: (253) 572-8452 x 103

Fax: (253) 591-7070

Cell:   (530) 277-8696

signature_909284720

This e-mail message and its attachments are confidential, intended only for the addressee(s) named above. All Salvation Army correspondence for any and all purposes shall be considered proprietary, privileged, or otherwise exempt from disclosure to any other person, service, business or other entity. If you receive this message in error please immediately delete this message and its attachments from your system.

From: <fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org> on behalf of Gerrit Nyland <GerritN@ccsww.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 1:04 PM
To: Emily Less <ELess@tpchd.org>, "Coalition to End Homelessness (fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org)" <fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org>
Subject: Homeless Coalition - RE: Shelter for Transwomen

Nativity House serves everyone.  Guests use the dorm side (male or female) they identify with.

There are a lot of gender non-conforming or transgender clients at Comprehensive Life Resources young adult shelter.  I don’t know the specifics of the other shelters, but the data shows that nearly all of them somewhat regularly serve transgender clients.

Thanks,

-Gerrit

Gerrit F. Nyland

Director of Client Information Systems, SW

Catholic Community Services of Western Washington

gerritn@ccsww.org