From: Michele Thomas, Housing Alliance <info@wliha.org>
Date: Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 3:22 PM
Subject: Want to pass a local revenue source for affordable homes? We can tell you how on July 22!
To: Maureen Howard <maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>

Dear Maureen,

Cities in Washington State now have several tools to create a local source of funding for affordable homes. Join us for a webinar on July 22nd from 12 - 1:30pm to hear the options that are available, and how to successfully pass one. We want to help you bring in more funds for safe, healthy affordable homes in your community!

This webinar will be particularly useful in helping to push your local city lawmakers to implement a "qualifying local tax" under HB 1406. It's also helpful for anyone who wants to start a local conversation around using one of the several funding options available.

Register Here!

This webinar will feature:

Jessica Batemen, Mayor Pro Tem of Olympia.  In her first term on the Olympia City Council Jessica led the Home Fund campaign to create permanent supportive housing in Olympia. The measure passed in February 2018 and is now generating $2.3 million per year in revenue for supportive housing. Olympia will break ground on its first Home Fund project in early 2020. By day Jessica works as a policy analyst for the Washington Association for Community Health.

Andy Silver, CEO of the Housing Initiative LLC, the affordable housing development company owned by the Council for the Homeless. Previously Andy was the Executive Director of the Council for the Homeless from 2012 to 2018. Andy led CFTH’s policy work and was deeply involved in the passage of an affordable housing levy and three new tenant protections in Vancouver.

Michael Anderson, Director of the Housing Trust Fund Project at the Center for Community Change. A consultant on every successful campaign in Washington State, Michael has developed a specialty in values based framing and messaging as an integral communications component to advancing housing trust funds. He provides technical assistance and support to state and local coalitions working to establish and strengthen housing trust funds that dedicate public revenue to creating and preserving affordable housing for people with the lowest incomes.

Thanks, we look forward to having you there!
~Michele

Michele Thomas
Director of Policy and Advocacy

P.S. Can't do our webinar at the appointed time? Sign up anyway! You'll get an email notification when all the webinar materials will be posted to our website.

Donate

Washington Low Income Housing Alliance
1411 4th Ave, Suite 1525
Seattle, Washington 98101