If anyone else in the household have a disability?  They may qualify for Foundational Community Support Services (FCS).  Here at MDC we do have a Housing Resource Group every Tuesday, between 2pm-3pm.  Our Care Management team facilitates it.  It isn’t a housing program though.  When clients are approved they are assigned a Care Coordinator here at MDC.  They are there to support the clients, link their clients to resources they need pertaining to housing and other needs depending on the client(s) needs.  People do get housed through the support of FCS, but it isn’t guaranteed.  Our Care Management team knows more about this program if you have questions.  I would recommend this family to attend this group if it may fit their needs or be resourceful.

All of MDC’s Affordable Living units are filled currently.  Anything we currently have available under our PSH programs need a referral from Coordinated Entry before they can be housed.

Pierce County Housing Authority (PCHA), currently has their Tenant Based Section 8 waitlist open permanently until further notice.  They also no longer go from the bottom to the top of their waitlist.  They do lottery pulls.  I’ve witnessed MDC residents that have been on the list for 5 years and 3 months be pulled to receive a Sec. 8 voucher, so it can happen, and I recommend all of your clients sign up to be on this list.

Tacoma Housing Authority’s (THA), Section 8 waitlist is opening to the public on October 7, 2019 through October 18, 2019 there must be 3 or more in the households.

Best Regards,

Gina May

Interim Property Manager

cid:image001.png@01D47BFB.A6115AF0

721Fawcett Avenue, Suite 204

Tacoma, WA 98402

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Direct: (253) 284-9052 ext. 7052

Cell: (253) 278-5869

www.mdc-hope.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are intended solely for the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information protected from disclosure. If you were sent this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email. The use, distribution, disclosure, copying, or storing of this email and its attachments by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.