From: Communication forum for the Tacoma Pierce County Coalition to End Homelessness <nobody@simplelists.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:48 PM
To: fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org
Subject: Daily digest for fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org

Need of shelter - Lawrence Kinnaman (14 Nov 2019 00:14 UTC)

PCCDRC Service Provider Calendar: Thursday November 14, 2019 - PCDCRC (14 Nov 2019 16:13 UTC)

Decide how to spend $100,000 on neighborhood projects! - Emily Less (14 Nov 2019 18:13 UTC)

Updating on People's Park and Proposed Emergency Micro Shelter Site at 8th & MLK - Maureen Howard (14 Nov 2019 20:02 UTC)

Updated City of Tacoma Affordable Housing Action Strategy - Maureen Howard (14 Nov 2019 20:59 UTC)

Family of 4 needing shelter - Lawrence Kinnaman (14 Nov 2019 21:11 UTC)

Need of shelter by Lawrence Kinnaman (14 Nov 2019 00:14 UTC)
Reply to list

Good evening,

I am wondering if anyone has an opening for a single woman who is 22 in the youth shelter. She is leaving tomorrow from our shelter and in need of another spot. Please email me individually if you have more information.

Lawrence Kinnaman

Adams Street Family Campus Manager

Tacoma Rescue Mission

2909 S Adams Street • Tacoma WA, 98409

P 253.383.4493 x1543

www.TRM.org

PCCDRC Service Provider Calendar: Thursday November 14, 2019 by PCDCRC (14 Nov 2019 16:13 UTC)
Reply to list

Good morning,

Attached is the calendar for the CRC.

Have a great day!

Pierce County District Court Resource Center

Connecting You to Services

Open Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 11:30 am and 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm

901 Tacoma Avenue S

Tacoma, WA 98402

(253)-798-7631

PCDCRC@piercecountywa.gov

www.piercecountywa.gov/PCDCRC

Decide how to spend $100,000 on neighborhood projects! by Emily Less (14 Nov 2019 18:13 UTC)
Reply to list

Live in East or South Tacoma? Decide how to spend $100,000 on neighborhood projects!

Do you or your friends experiencing homelessness live, work, or go to school in the 98404 or 98409 ZIP codes? You have the power to help decide how to spend $100,000 to bring arts, culture, heritage and science projects to your neighborhood!

We want everyone to participate. Your friends who are living homeless are important members of the community and likely have ideas for neighborhood projects. Help your clients get involved. Learn more in this Your Reliable Source blog post.

Get involved.

1. Tell us what you think. What kinds of projects would you like to see? You have until Dec. 31 to send them our way. It only takes a moment and can improve access to enriching experiences. You can take the survey in:

English.Spanish.Vietnamese.

2. Stay informed. Want to stay up to date on this process? Sign up for our email list.

3. Spread the word! Please share this blog with your friends. Share our social media post about this blog on your social media. If you are hosting or attending an event, we’d be happy to send you flyers in several languages. Contact Naveed Badri at nbadri@TPCHD.org.

Emily Less, MPH

Pronouns: She/Her

Public Health Consultant

Communicable Disease

(253) 625-1362 c • eless@tpchd.org

(253) 798-7666 f • www.tpchd.org

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Updating on People's Park and Proposed Emergency Micro Shelter Site at 8th & MLK by Maureen Howard (14 Nov 2019 20:02 UTC)
Reply to list

Good Afternoon,

I attended last night's New Tacoma Neighborhood Council meeting to talk about the TPC Coalition to end Homelessness and heard the update from Linda Stewart, Director and Allison Griffith, (I don't have her NCS title but I think she is Lead on this project) from Neighborhood & Community Services on the plan for relocating people living in People's Park.

Neighborhood & Community Services  will bring a contract with the Low Income Housing Institute, LIHI, which operates several tiny house villages in Seattle to the Nov. 19 City Council Study Session and Meeting.  Council will need to approve the contract before anything can happen.  The City has control of the 3 parcels at 8th & MLK for an eight month period after which Mercy Housing and KOZ Development will begin construction of an affordable housing project.

From my notes, LIHI will set-up, operate, and tear down an Emergency Micro Housing Shelter at 8th & MLK.  There will be 22 micro units which will house an estimated 35 individuals - the assumption is that some individuals will be couples.  This will be a low barrier shelter and will have a code of conduct.  LIHI will have one month to set-up and one month to tear down so the shelter will operate for six months.  Assuming the contract is approved by Council on Nov. 19 and signed shortly thereafter, and there are no infrastructure glitches for the toilets, etc., I figure this should be up and running by the end of December.

My understanding is that outreach workers, etc will provide the usual services and that there may be an expectation that the community will provide meals as at the Stability Site.  I don't have any other details but Linda Stewart will be at tomorrow's Coalition to End Homelessness meeting so bring your questions.

There should be a briefing memo and the ordinance/resolution itself on the agendas for the Study Session and the Council meeting.  As soon as I see those, I will send out to the Coalition.

Thank you for your work,

Maureen

MaureenHowardConsulting
maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com

Tel: 253-756-8146 (LL)

Cell:  253-255-2200
3320 S. 8th Street
Tacoma, WA 98405

Updated City of Tacoma Affordable Housing Action Strategy by Maureen Howard (14 Nov 2019 20:59 UTC)
Reply to list

Colleagues,

This is the link to the video of the City of Tacoma Council Session - the Update on the Affordable Housing Action Strategy - click on Item 2

http://cityoftacoma.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=3937

I have attached the pdf of the Nov. 12 Report.  I encourage you to take time to review it - I think you'll be pleased with the progress and promise of several items which will directly affect people on the margins and those experiencing homelessness.

Take care all,

Maureen

MaureenHowardConsulting
maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com

Tel: 253-756-8146 (LL)

Cell:  253-255-2200
3320 S. 8th Street
Tacoma, WA 98405

Family of 4 needing shelter by Lawrence Kinnaman (14 Nov 2019 21:11 UTC)
Reply to list

Good afternoon,

We have a family of 4 that is in need of a shelter and they are leaving us tomorrow. Does anyone have any openings at the moment?

Lawrence Kinnaman

Adams Street Family Campus Manager

Tacoma Rescue Mission

2909 S Adams Street • Tacoma WA, 98409

P 253.383.4493 x1543

www.TRM.org

This listserv is part of the Tacoma/Pierce County Coalition to End Homelessness.