From: Tacoma Tenants via ActionNetwork.org <info@sg.actionnetwork.org>
Date: Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 5:09 PM
Subject: Join us at city council tomorrow: we need more shelters! #StopTheSweeps
To: <maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>

We stand in solidarity with our neighbors who don't have secure housing or any physical shelter. Please see below for the call to action crafted by the Tacoma DSA Housing Working Group. We hope to see you tomorrow (11/19) at Tacoma City Council, 5pm, to make our voices heard that one person experiencing homelessness is one too many. Housing is a Human Right!

****

Support Our Unhoused Neighbors at City Council

WHEN: Tuesday, November 19 at 5pm

WHERE: City Hall - Council Chambers

747 Market St, Tacoma, WA 98402

Winter is approaching, and there are thousands without a place to stay warm and dry in Tacoma. Shelters are full, and the imminent camping ban will leave people on the street without even so much as a tent to sleep in.

The city's proposed solution is to loosen the restrictions on religious organizations' and non-profits' ability to set up temporary shelters on their own property.These proposed rule changes are good, but they cannot possibly provide enough shelter to deal with this humanitarian crisis.

On Tuesday, November 19th at 5 PM, the City Council will hold a vote on several issues to address the homlessness crisis in Tacoma. Please, come to this meeting and tell the City Council that they must do more. If you cannot come to the meeting, email your council members. We have provided their email addresses at the end of this document.

With all of our voices, we can demand that our city do what is necessary to protect the most vulnerable among us.

SEE OUR FULL STATEMENT AND LIST OF DEMANDS FOR THE CITY HERE: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12HRyL3a61C9qBqhLldyGsYSas9DrEFEtKj0BXKqzXLQ/edit?usp=sharing

Read the ordinances & their memorandums:

EMAIL THE CITY COUNCIL:

victoria.woodards@cityoftacoma.org

anders.ibsen@cityoftacoma.org

robert.thoms@cityoftacoma.org

keith.blocker@cityoftacoma.org

catherine.ushka@cityoftacoma.org

chris.beale@cityoftacoma.org

lillian.hunter@cityoftacoma.org

conor.mccarthy@cityoftacoma.org

ryan.mello@cityoftacoma.org

Action Network
Sent via Action Network, a free online toolset anyone can use to organize. Click here to sign up and get started building an email list and creating online actions today.
Action Network is an open platform that empowers individuals and groups to organize for progressive causes. We encourage responsible activism, and do not support using the platform to take unlawful or other improper action. We do not control or endorse the conduct of users and make no representations of any kind about them.
You can unsubscribe or update your email address or change your name and address by changing your subscription preferences here.