From: Caroline Lopez, Housing Alliance <info@wliha.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 11:42 AM
Subject: Register now for Advocacy Day 2020!
To: Maureen Howard <maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>

Dear Maureen,

Caroline here!

I’ve been with the Alliance for almost two months now, and I can’t help but share how fortunate I feel to be working with this incredibly passionate and compassionate team. Funny thing is, I feel like I’ve been part of the Alliance since I began working in this field almost 7 years ago in Clark County. I hope that you feel a connection to this work, and to the Alliance as a valued member of our statewide team working to ensure people have a safe, healthy and affordable home.

This brings me to our next opportunity to BUILD POWER TOGETHER at Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day on Monday, February 3, 2020. On this day, you can join 600+ advocates from around Washington to talk to your lawmakers about key housing and homelessness policies. **Please note that you must pre-register in order for us to schedule appointments with your lawmaker. Otherwise, we will be happy to have you join a group who can use the support of an awesome  advocate.

In addition to meeting with your legislators, you’ll have the option to participate in several workshops to build skills in advocating for equitable housing policy. This year we’re offering two new options including a panel discussion on ways that race, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, survivors of violence, and other identities impact experiences with homelessness and housing instability. Another session lead by our Resident Action Project will explore ways to create a Local Organizing Committee in your community to advocate for housing justice!

**NEW VENUE for 2020**

Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day

WHEN: Monday, February 3 @ 8am-3:30pm

WHERE: Washington Center for the Performing Arts
512 Washington St SE, Olympia, WA 98501

Register for Advocacy Day 2020 here!

For further information on registration, accessibility, transportation, scholarships, volunteering and more, please visit our HHAD 2020 web page

I look forward to meeting you and strengthening this movement together.

Hope to see you on February 3!

In community and solidarity,
~Caroline

Caroline Lopez