Colleagues,
Here you go...get ready for the Legislative Session!

Maureen

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michele Thomas, Housing Alliance <info@wliha.org>
Date: Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 3:19 PM
Subject: Get Ready to Fight for Housing Justice in 2020!

Session is right around the corner! Monday, January 13 marks day one of the 2020 state legislative session and one thing we know is that there will be many, many bills related to affordable housing and homelessness. The Housing Alliance alone has a robust priority list of bills and budget requests, and with homelessness being top of mind across the state, lawmakers are coming to the table with their own ideas on how to address the crisis.

We are here to help you stay on top of it all and to trumpet to you the most important times to take action. We will be providing live-from-Olympia updates every other Friday, and we are organizing several events that you'll be able to tune into online. And of course, Homelessness & Housing Advocacy Day is coming up on February 3, where you can visit your lawmakers in person and show the whole state Legislature how broad, large, and powerful our statewide movement for housing justice is!
Register now for Housing and Homelesness Advocacy Day
Below are session related activities to get on your calendar now. And of course, we will be sending you action alerts throughout the session so you can make sure your lawmakers know that you want them to vote for affordable housing and an end to homelessness.

Learn from the impacted: Barred from Housing - A Panel Discussion on Housing Justice
Monday, January 13, 11am -  12pm
Join us via Facebook Live for an Olympia-based panel discussion featuring community leaders who have been directly impacted by housing barriers upon re-entry, and hear their perspective on why legislation is necessary to increase housing access.

Zoom in to watch an Affordable Housing Briefing for lawmakers
Tuesday, January 21, 5:45 - 7:00 pm
Join a panel of experts from a range of communities who will provide lawmakers with a comprehensive overview of key issues in affordable housing and solutions to the crisis. We will stream this event via Zoom. Register to attend via phone or computer here

Stay updated! Biweekly Legislative Briefings on Affordable Housing & Homelessness for Advocates
Fridays, biweekly starting January 17, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Join Housing Alliance staff every other Friday throughout the 2020 session for live-from-Olympia updates on key bills, budget requests and state legislative related matters. Advocacy opportunities will be highlighted on each call. Register for the whole series of Zoom calls here to participate via phone or computer.

Michele Thomas
Director of Policy and Advocacy

P.S. Keep an eye on the Housing Alliance webpage for our bill tracker, our 2020 legislative priorities, and more!
Donate

Washington Low Income Housing Alliance
100 West Harrison St.
Seattle, Washington 98119