Colleagues,
To be sure you all have this message.

Maureen

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Donald L Green (CENSUS/PFLD FED) <donald.l.green@2020census.gov>
Date: Mon, Jan 13, 2020, 9:42 AM
Subject: 2020 Census for Service Based Clients (SBE) and Target Non-Sheltered Outdoor Locations (TNSOL)
To: hnagel@cmhsgare.onmicrosoft.com <hnagel@cmhsgare.onmicrosoft.com>, larryseaquist@comcast.net <larryseaquist@comcast.net>, KellyB@goodwillwa.org <KellyB@goodwillwa.org>, sherri@vaelovocation.org <sherri@vaelovocation.org>, stewdahl@comcast.net <stewdahl@comcast.net>, readcarolyn@comcast.net <readcarolyn@comcast.net>, maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com <maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>, tpdrutis@nctacoma.org <tpdrutis@nctacoma.org>, ministrycounseling@comcast.net <ministrycounseling@comcast.net>, Pamm.Silver@MolinaHealthcare.com <Pamm.Silver@molinahealthcare.com>, sheila.Miraflor@molinahealthcare.com <sheila.Miraflor@molinahealthcare.com>, GretaBrackman@cmhshare.org <GretaBrackman@cmhshare.org>, gerritn@ccsww.org <gerritn@ccsww.org>
Cc: Michael T Farrell (CENSUS/PFLD FED) <michael.t.farrell@2020census.gov>

Thank you for allowing me to attend your Pierce County Homeless Coalition meeting on January 3, 2020 at 9:00 at The Salvation Army Church and explain our proposed operation to include as many homeless into the 2020 Census process and for the opportunity to respond to questions and concerns of the Organization and individual members.

There were, at least, three major points that I heard and am preparing to immediately address:

  1.  Employment for the Homeless - even short term.   While the Federal Hiring System prevents me from guaranteeing employment for any individual, I can assure you that I cannot hire anyone without an application for each individual potential employee submitted online at 2020census.gov/jobs.  The Census will be hiring a significant number of temporary employees in the Spring/Summer of 2020.  The Pierce county Library System has taken special effort to make the internet available for the Census Count and hiring process.
  2. Employment by the Census Bureau by Homeless Advocates would be advantageous to the Census - especially for the March 30-April 1 count.  Interested individuals should apply using the 2020census.gov/jobs internet site.  Please let me know who has applied from the Coalition.  Reminder ....employment cannot be guaranteed.
  3. You are a incredible asset in the effort to identify the locations of the ever fluid Non Sheltered Outdoor locations.  Please send any known locations to me as quickly as possible.  I would like to use this information to make certain that we have the necessary resources to identify and count this highly transient group.
I appreciate working together with you.  I would very much welcome any invitation to attend your meetings.  Please contact me at any time with questions or concerns.

Donald Green, Census Field Manager
Group Quarters, Transient Locations, Service Based Enumeration
Tacoma Area Census Office (3297)
(253) 241-3049
donald.l.green@2020census.gov