From: NCRC <xrotmil@ncrc.org>
Date: Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 1:04 PM
Subject: Happy Black History Month
To: <maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>

Racial Wealth Divide at the 2020 Just Economy Conference
View this email in your browser

NCRC logo

Dear NCRC members and allies,

As we honor Black History Month and the countless civil rights champions who fought and continue to fight for the rights of all Americans, we recognize the work that remains to combat a growing racial wealth divide.

Net worth is the best depiction of wealth, and it starkly highlights the racial wealth divide. While White households have a median family net worth of $147,000, Black households have a median family net worth of a mere $3,600; in other words, the median White family has 41 times more wealth than the median Black family

Much of this can be attributed to disparities in homeownership, as housing is known to make up two-thirds of a typical household’s wealth. Access to quality jobs and residing in asset rich neighborhoods are also key to boosting the financial security of African American households.

At the 2020 Just Economy Conference, leaders will examine the growing racial wealth divide and the solutions we need to reverse it.

Register Now

The Just Economy Conference is the leading national conference for economic and social justice. It's April 27 - 29, 2020, in Washington, D.C.

We expect the conference to sell out, and we want you there.

Register now & we’ll see you in April.

Team NCRC

Thank you for your continued participation. If you are not a member of NCRC, join now.
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Website
Copyright © 2020 NCRC, All rights reserved.
We send email updates to NCRC members, contacts and people who opt in via our web site.

The National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC) and its grassroots member organizations create opportunities for people to build wealth.

Our mailing address is:
NCRC
740 15th St. NW Suite 400
Washington, DC 20306