From: Michele Thomas, Housing Alliance <info@wliha.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 11:08 AM
Subject: Only 10 days left to advocate for affordable housing funding!
To: Maureen Howard <maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>

Hello Maureen,

We have an opportunity right now that I haven’t seen in my decade and a half working in Olympia. In fact, as Rep. Macri says, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to secure millions of dollars for affordable housing and other solutions to homelessness in a supplemental budget year.

Click here to see a special video message from Michele Thomas and Representative Nicole Macri!

Here’s what’s at stake: a $235 million package proposed by the House to solve homelessness and build affordable homes. Both the House and Senate include significant funding to address homelessness, but the House budget makes much deeper investments, and it includes significant funding for permanent affordable housing, which is ultimately the solution to homelessness.

So friends, this is it. We need your advocacy now! There are just ten days left until the session ends on March 12. If you’ve been waiting until the right moment to speak up, it’s now! If you’ve already contacted your lawmakers, it’s important to contact them again.

Would you take a minute right now and urge your lawmakers to do everything they can to ensure the final budget makes the most significant investment possible? Once you’ve done that, share this message with your networks! We need thousands of you to rally for this historic opportunity!

Send Your Letter Now!
With much enthusiasm,
Michele

Michele Thomas,
Policy and Advocacy Director
P.S. Looking for another way to take action?  Sign your organization onto this letter of support for big, bold investments in the budgets!

Washington Low Income Housing Alliance
100 West Harrison St. North Tower Suite N220 | Seattle, Washington 98119
(206) 442-9455 | info@wliha.org

Follow Us

Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your web browser

Unsubscribe

--

MaureenHowardConsulting
maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com