Colleagues,
I imagine these messages will now come regularly from Washington Nonprofits.  Although not specific to the homeless response system, they will likely offer information and guidance that may be of help to the nonprofits in the Coalition to End Homelessness.  You can become a member or you can sign up for their free distribution list.

Maureen

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Laura Pierce, Washington Nonprofits <learning@washingtonnonprofits.org>
Date: Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 7:55 AM
Subject: Nonprofits and COViD-19
To: <Maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>

View this email in your browser

Nonprofits and COViD-19

What should nonprofits be thinking about?
Dear Washington Nonprofits Community,

What a strange and amazing couple of weeks we have had here in Seattle as we adjust to a new reality that includes coronavirus. We are on the leading edge of figuring out how to change our behavior as individuals and organizations in order to slow the spread of the virus to save lives and “flatten the curve” to buy time for preparation by the healthcare system, better testing, and treatment. Because of this, we are also thrust into a leadership position—the rest of the country is looking to learn from our experiences.

Washington Nonprofits is responding by organizing some special topic webinars that we hope will support nonprofits in responding to the pandemic and continuing your important work. Below is information about what we have coming up, and we have also posted resources and a recording of the webinar we offered on Monday regarding Coronavirus: What am I supposed to do about my fundraising event?

I want to stress that we are all in this together. We will need to continue to work together to make sense of this situation and determine how to respond ethically and balance safety and health concerns with continuing to meet our missions. Be kind to yourself and others. If you have ideas or resources to share that might benefit other nonprofits in meeting this challenge, please share them with us by emailing me (laura@washingtonnonprofits.org).

Best,

Laura Pierce
Executive Director

P.S. Find updated resources and information on Coronavirus here.

What should nonprofits be thinking about?

Monday, March 16
12:00PM - 1:00PM
Online, Free

As coronavirus spreads in Washington state and beyond, what should nonprofits be thinking about and doing?  We’ll provide an overview of some issues you need to be considering as you prepare to keep your nonprofit, your staff, and your community safe, healthy and productive.  These include adapting to mandates to reduce gatherings and in-person work, business continuity planning, and assessing financial impact.  We’ll also discuss what type of leadership is called for during this time, and crowdsource your ideas about how to move forward.
Register Now

Alternatives to Meeting in Person

Thursday, March 19
12:00PM - 1:00PM
Online, Free

With the growing possibility that public meetings and events in the near future will need to be canceled, you may be wondering, What are my other options?. Can we accomplish our in-person meetings and events using technology? Join Tom Lang and Tracy Flynn from our learning department as they share their thoughts about how to shift your meetings to be virtual if your staff, board, and partners are working remotely due to coronavirus. They will share some practical tips for getting started using online videoconferencing apps, planning effective meetings, and facilitating when you are not in the same room together.
Register Now
Our partners at 501Commons and Tech Impact are hosting a free webinar on technology tools you can use to quickly adapt to impacts to your business and your mission. In particular, how to use tools like MS Teams, Sharepoint/One Drive or Google Hangouts, remote access, etc. to facilitate work from home.
March 18 | 10am
Learn More

Adapting Our Fundraising

Thursday, March 26
2:00PM - 3:00PM
Online, Free

As a follow-up to our webinar Coronavirus: What am I supposed to do about my fundraising event?, we will share additional thoughts about how you can adjust your fundraising this spring given the challenges coronavirus presents.

We will share ideas, but we will also be looking to you to share your ideas and strategies with your colleagues. What are your experiences to date with cancellation of events, shifts to online strategies, or other substitute fundraising strategies you are already employing? What is the outlook for fundraising into the future, and how will this change how we do our development work?

Register Now
Check out our full calendar of events here.
Washington Nonprofits makes sure nonprofits have what they need to succeed. We help nonprofits learn, increase their influence, and connect to people and resources. We are Washington’s state association for all nonprofits. For more information, please visit our website and our calendar of events. Stronger Together.

learning@washingtonnonprofits.org
www.washingtonnonprofits.org
(855) 299-2922

Connect with us on social media:

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

--

MaureenHowardConsulting
maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com

Tel:  253-756-8146 (LL)