Freezing Nights was canceled as of Monday night.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 17, 2020, at 7:40 AM, Campbell, Ketra (DSHS) <campbkl@dshs.wa.gov> wrote:

Good morning.  Does anyone know if they are still doing Freezing Nights, also what the hours of New Hope have changed to?

From: Communication forum for the Tacoma Pierce County Coalition to End Homelessness <nobody@simplelists.com>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 6:26 PM
To: fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org
Subject: Daily digest for fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org

News Release: Many MDC services shift how help will be provided through at least March 30 - Rob Huff (16 Mar 2020 00:53 UTC)

(Previous discussion continued)

Fwd: Inslee statement on statewide shutdown of restaurants, bars and limits on size of gatherings expanded - Maureen Howard (16 Mar 2020 04:08 UTC)

(Previous discussion continued)

Fwd: BREAKING! Executive Constantine and King County Health Officer announce new order to limit spread of COVID-19 - Maureen Howard (16 Mar 2020 04:23 UTC)

Financial Resources info, via Laurie Jinkins Facebook post - Allen Ratcliffe (16 Mar 2020 15:08 UTC)

Meals for Students During Closure Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts - Sheila Miraflor (16 Mar 2020 16:01 UTC)

RE: Homeless Coalition - Meals for Students During Closure Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts - piercecovets (16 Mar 2020 16:29 UTC)

RE: Homeless Coalition - Meals for Students During Closure Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts - ministrycounseling (16 Mar 2020 16:55 UTC)

RE: Meals for Students During Closure Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts - Alan Brown (16 Mar 2020 17:03 UTC)

Valeo's Office - Sherri Jensen (16 Mar 2020 17:33 UTC)

Pierce County School District lunch plans - Alan Brown (16 Mar 2020 17:45 UTC)

(Previous discussion continued)

RE: Daily digest for fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org - Campbell, Ketra (DSHS) (16 Mar 2020 18:35 UTC)

Re: Daily digest for fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org - James Pogue (16 Mar 2020 18:36 UTC)

Who is receiving donations - Kelly Blucher (16 Mar 2020 19:00 UTC)

RE: Who is receiving donations - Alan Brown (16 Mar 2020 19:09 UTC)

COVID-19 Advocacy Opportunity - Federal Level - Maureen Howard (16 Mar 2020 20:07 UTC)

(Previous discussion continued)

Fwd: Fw: March 16 COVID-19 Update – Town Hall Tonight - Maureen Howard (16 Mar 2020 20:25 UTC)

News Release: Many MDC services shift how help will be provided through at least March 30 by Rob Huff (16 Mar 2020 00:53 UTC)
Reply to list

In response to guidance from health authorities and recent actions taken by Governor Jay Inslee, Metropolitan Development Council (MDC) will shift the way that it does its work in our community through at least March 30. The second floor of our main services building at 721 Fawcett Avenue will remain closed during that time, as well as other office buildings at 730 Fawcett Avenue and 945 Fawcett Avenue. Employees in the following programs will be working remotely through at least March 30:

- Energy Assistance
- Weatherization
- Housing
- Adult Education and Employment
- Youth Education
- Child Care Food Program
- Care Management
- The Center for Substance Use Recovery
- Supported Employment

MDC’s 24-hour programs and overnight programs will continue with some changes to limit visitor hours and require health checks for people interacting with the programs. Those programs include:

- Psychiatric Evaluation and Treatment Center
- Withdrawal Management
- Randall Townsend Apartments
- Avenue Apartments
- Bethlehem Baptist Church Temporary Shelter

In the coming days, we will be taking steps to re-launch a number of services to ensure that the support we provide to this community can continue, despite the need for social distancing. More information about that will be posted on the MDC website at www.mdc-hope.org.

Thank you for your support as we work together with our community to navigate the impacts of COVID-19.

Pamela Duncan
MDC President and CEO

Any questions can be addressed to Rob Huff, Director of Communications and Advocacy, at rhuff@mdc-hope.org or by phone at (253) 722-8563.

Rob Huff
Director of Communications and Advocacy

[cid:image002.png@01D47B67.83ADCB40]
945 Fawcett Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402

Pronouns: He/Him/His
Direct: (253) 284-9096
Cell: (253) 722-8563

www.mdc-hope.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are intended solely for the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information protected from disclosure. If you were sent this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email. The use, distribution, disclosure, copying, or storing of this email and its attachments by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.

Fwd: Inslee statement on statewide shutdown of restaurants, bars and limits on size of gatherings expanded by Maureen Howard (16 Mar 2020 04:08 UTC)
Reply to list

Colleagues,

To be sure you saw this new policy.  If I can help you with anything I can do from home, please let me know.

Take care everyone,

Maureen

From: Sharon Lee <sharonl@lihi.org>
Date: Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 9:13 PM
Subject: BREAKING! Executive Constantine and King County Health Officer announce new order to limit spread of COVID-19

Pls read below.

Sharon H. Lee

Executive Director

Low Income Housing Institute

2407 First Ave

Seattle, WA 98121

206-443-9935 ext. 111

206-443-9851 fax

Celebrating 25 Years

Housing is a human right!

Need Affordable Housing? Available units posted weekly at:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: March 15, 2020 at 8:06:04 PM PDT
To: sharonl@lihi.org

 To limit the spread of COVID-19, King County Executive Constantine and Dr. Duchin announced a new Local Health Order that directed public he

View this in your browser.

Coronavirus update

Dear Friends and Neighbors,

Here’s the latest breaking news:

To limit the spread of COVID-19, King County Executive Constantine and Dr. Duchin announced a new Local Health Order that directed public health actions effective Monday, March 16. Governor Inslee is expected to extend these rulings statewide. Gov. Inslee and Executive Constantine are scheduling a media availability for March 16 to discuss more about what King County is doing, and the Governor will explain statewide actions. Details to come.

All gatherings with more than 50 participants are prohibited until further notice. All gatherings of 50 participants and below are prohibited until further notice unless previously announced criteria for hygiene and social distancing are met. Restaurants, bars, dance halls, clubs, theaters, health and fitness clubs, and other similar indoor social or recreational venues must cease operations until March 31, 2020. Restaurants and food service establishments may remain open only for drive-through, delivery, and pick-up only, until March 31, 2020. All other retail such as groceries, pharmacies, banks, gas stations, hardware stores, shopping centers, etc. may remain open provided they meet Public Health directives in the previous Local Health Order

The Local Health Order was drafted in coordination with state health officials.

Keep in touch

Thank you again for taking the time to read my update. You can expect ones to continue being sent out on a daily basis. Feel free too forward them to others who can subscribe by clicking here.  And please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns and, most importantly, be well.

Sincerely,

Jeanne Kohl-Welles

  UnsubscribePreferencesContact Us Privacy PolicyHelp Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

.

Financial Resources info, via Laurie Jinkins Facebook post by Allen Ratcliffe (16 Mar 2020 15:08 UTC)
Reply to list

https://dfi.wa.gov/coronavirus-financial-resources?fbclid=IwAR3FWtXDbqL6Vm81TRWOJ3JzgxWKbyODrdNskYCxutTqzZrDYFqFF21dhg0

Al Ratcliffe

Meals for Students During Closure Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts by Sheila Miraflor (16 Mar 2020 16:01 UTC)
Reply to list

Does anyone know what Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts have implemented in the way of meals due to closures? Did I miss this?

Thank you.

Sheila

Program Coordinator, Economic Security for All

Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region
Desk: 253.573.6788

Cell:253-345-9653

E-mail: SheilaM@goodwillwa.org

Website: www.goodwillwa.org

RE: Homeless Coalition - Meals for Students During Closure Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts by piercecovets (16 Mar 2020 16:29 UTC)
Reply to list

This article has some info on that: https://www.king5.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/schools-preparing-to-feed-students-despite-coronavirus-closures/281-c2e58a5b-c5fa-4640-9f55-1f62c1363d4e

Does anyone know what Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts have implemented in the way of meals due to closures? Did I miss this?

Thank you.

Sheila

Program Coordinator, Economic Security for All

Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region
Desk: 253.573.6788

Cell:253-345-9653

E-mail: SheilaM@goodwillwa.org

Website: www.goodwillwa.org

RE: Homeless Coalition - Meals for Students During Closure Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts by ministrycounseling (16 Mar 2020 16:55 UTC)
Reply to list

In Tacoma, the program show being at 10 Middle School locations, from 10-12, having lunch and breakfast

Rich B

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Does anyone know what Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts have implemented in the way of meals due to closures? Did I miss this?

Thank you.

Sheila

Program Coordinator, Economic Security for All

Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region
Desk: 253.573.6788

Cell:253-345-9653

E-mail: SheilaM@goodwillwa.org

Website: www.goodwillwa.org

RE: Meals for Students During Closure Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts by Alan Brown (16 Mar 2020 17:03 UTC)
Reply to list

Here is information on free lunch from Tacoma School District: https://www.tacomaschools.org/news/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx

Alan M. Brown

Housing Services Director

Catholic Community Services - Family Housing Network

Tacoma, WA

(253) 471-5340

Ending Family Homelessness

Donating online is easy! Go to www.ccsww.org/fhn

Does anyone know what Tacoma/Pierce County School Districts have implemented in the way of meals due to closures? Did I miss this?

Thank you.

Sheila

Program Coordinator, Economic Security for All

Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region
Desk: 253.573.6788

Cell:253-345-9653

E-mail: SheilaM@goodwillwa.org

Website: www.goodwillwa.org

This listserv is part of the Tacoma/Pierce County Coalition to End Homelessness.

E-mail the full coalition by sending to fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org Remember, this list is distributed to over 400 people - send no information that can identify a client and avoid unnecessary e-mails (a thank you is polite when sent to 1 person, but a nuisance when sent to 400). Click away to subscribe to the list, unsubscribe from the list, or take a gander at the message archive

Valeo's Office by Sherri Jensen (16 Mar 2020 17:33 UTC)
Reply to list

Hello Community-

Due to increasing numbers of COVID-19 in Pierce County, Valeo has taken precautionary measures to practice social distancing. We are continuing to place participants on assignment, primarily using remote dispatch, to avoid potential transmission. We will continue to engage with participants, primarily over telecommunications or video messengers, such as Skype.

What this will mean for our community is that we will not be holding regular office hours and unable to take in-person meetings. However, we would still love to meet with your referrals and hope you will work with us to identify which platform would be most suitable for your participants. If they have smart phones, we would love to do video messaging! But good ol phone calls will work just as well.

I know this has a negative impact on the population we serve. We are doing everything we can to be creative in our interactions, allowing us to still match participants with jobs, while respecting the need for social distancing. We are open to any ideas you have and I would love to hear how other agencies are mitigating these very trying circumstances. Please let me know how you all are handling this!

Thanks so much-

Sherri Jensen (she/her/hers)

CEO, Valeo Vocation

1224 Tacoma Ave S, 98405

Office: 253-301-2134

Cell:253-691-2846

https://www.valeovocation.org

“Staffing, with a social purpose”

Pierce County School District lunch plans by Alan Brown (16 Mar 2020 17:45 UTC)
Reply to list

Here are links to other school districts in Pierce County regarding their free lunch plans:

Franklin Pierce: https://www.fpschools.org/exended-closure-resources-and-information/meal-site-map

University Place: https://www.upsd83.org/about_upsd/news_and_information/announcements/meals_for_students_-_during_school_closures

Puyallup: https://www.facebook.com/PuyallupSchools/photos/a.176974101542/10158212025861543/?type=3&theater

Sumner: https://www.sumnersd.org/coronavirus

Fife: https://www.fifeschools.com/news/what_s_new/mealdelivery

Peninsula: https://www.psd401.net/departments/nutrition-services

Tacoma: https://www.tacomaschools.org/news/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx

Still Planning:

Bethel (specific lunch plan TBA): https://www.bethelsd.org/Page/5540

Clover Park: http://www.cloverpark.k12.wa.us/Dept/CommunityRelations/HomeStories/2019-20/District_Corona_Mar2020.aspx

Alan M. Brown

Housing Services Director

Catholic Community Services - Family Housing Network

Tacoma, WA

(253) 471-5340

Ending Family Homelessness

Donating online is easy! Go to www.ccsww.org/fhn

RE: Daily digest for fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org by Campbell, Ketra (DSHS) (16 Mar 2020 18:35 UTC)
Reply to list

Good Morning.  So I work in the Puyallup CSO, we have having homeless clients come into the offices stating that there are no available services for them to go anywhere and get out of the weather.  Does anyone know what messages are being given to them?  Are the shelters closed?

From: WA Department of Health <waDOH@public.govdelivery.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 15, 2020, 3:51 PM
Subject: News Release: State waives costs for COVID-19 testing
To: <maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>

For immediate release: Month 14, 2020  (20-036)

Contact:Joint Information Center, 253-512-7100

Contact: Office of the Insurance Commissioner - Public Affairs, 360-725-7055

State waives costs for COVID-19 testing

OLYMPIA – The Washington State Department of Health and the Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC) are making sure residents don’t face financial barriers to COVID-19 testing when they need it. Insurance Commissioner Kreidler issued an emergency order to state-regulated health plans on March 5 to:

Cover testing (including any lab fees) and the related visit for COVID-19 without copays or deductibles. Suspend any prior authorization requirement for treatment or testing of COVID-19. Allow enrollees to be treated by another provider within a reasonable distance at no additional cost if there are not enough in-network providers.

The copay and deductible waiver also applies to all high-deductible health plans with qualifying health savings accounts (HSAs), according to guidance from the Internal Revenue Service. This emergency order is in effect from March 5 through May 4, 2020.

Washington residents may still be charged for tests or services for other conditions that may occur during the visit. For example, if a resident is tested for other respiratory illnesses as well as COVID-19, they may pay a fee for the other tests. Going to the emergency room for COVID-19 testing may also result in a fee for the visit.

State-regulated health plans are overseen by the OIC and include individual health plans, small employer health plans, and some large employer plans.

The OIC does not regulate self-funded employer plans, Medicaid, Medicare, or health plans for federal employees, members of the military, or veterans. Nevertheless, some of these plans have chosen to waive copays and deductibles for COVID-19 to align with the emergency order. If you are unsure what type of health plan you have, contact your employer's human resources office.

If you get a bill from your insurer for COVID-19 testing or the office visit, file a complaint with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner by visiting insurance.wa.gov.

How can you prevent the spread of COVID-19?

Prevention starts with practicing good personal health habits:

Wash your hands often with soap and water, Stay home when you’re sick, Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects. Get plenty of rest, drink fluids, eat healthy foods and manage your stress to help you prevent getting COVID-19 and recover from it if you do.

DOH has established a call center to address questions from the public. If you have questions about what is happening in Washington State, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press #.

More information on COVID-19 is available from:

Washington State Department of Health Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

The DOH website is your source for a healthy dose of information. Find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Sign up for the DOH blog, Public Health Connection

###

Visit the DOH Newsroom for all news releases.
Subscribe to get news releases in Spanish. You will continue to receive the English version.
Washington State Department of Health is your source for a healthy dose of information.

To request this document in another format, call 1-800-525-0127.
Deaf or hard of hearing customers, please call 711 (Washington Relay) or
email civil.rights@doh.wa.gov

Manage Subscriptions  |  Unsubscribe Help

This email was sent to maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com using GovDelivery Communications Cloud on behalf of: Washington State Department of Health · 101 Israel Road SE, Tumwater, WA 98501

This listserv is part of the Tacoma/Pierce County Coalition to End Homelessness.

E-mail the full coalition by sending to fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org Remember, this list is distributed to over 400 people - send no information that can identify a client and avoid unnecessary e-mails (a thank you is polite when sent to 1 person, but a nuisance when sent to 400). Click away to subscribe to the list, unsubscribe from the list, or take a gander at the message archive

Re: Daily digest for fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org by James Pogue (16 Mar 2020 18:36 UTC)
Reply to list

Shelters are not closed and are operating as normal.

James W. Pogue, JR

Executive Director of Homeless Services

Comprehensive Life Resources

1305 Tacoma Ave S.
Tacoma, WA 98402

(253)396-5043

Be Excellent To Each Other – Bill S. Preston, Esq.

[...]

Who is receiving donations by Kelly Blucher (16 Mar 2020 19:00 UTC)
Reply to list

Please be specific in your replies. Who is receiving donations and for what items ?

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Who is receiving donations by Alan Brown (16 Mar 2020 19:09 UTC)
Reply to list

The CCS-Family Housing Network is looking for donations of pre-packaged or frozen meals at our Day Center at 5050 South Tacoma Way. Contact me if you need more information.

Alan M. Brown
Housing Services Director
Catholic Community Services - Family Housing Network
Tacoma, WA
(253) 471-5340
Ending Family Homelessness

Donating online is easy! Go to www.ccsww.org/fhn

Please be specific in your replies. Who is receiving donations and for what items ?

Sent from my iPhone
This listserv is part of the Tacoma/Pierce County Coalition to End.
E-mail the full coalition by sending to fullcoalition@list.pchomele
ss.org
.

Remember, this list is distributed to over 400 people. Send No information that can identify a client and avoid unnecessary e-mails (a thank you is polite when sent to 1 person, but a nuisance when
sent to 400).

To unsubscribe from this list please go to unsubscribe page.
Visit the <a
href="http://homelessproviders.simplelists.com/fullcoalition">messag
archive for past messages.

COVID-19 Advocacy Opportunity - Federal Level by Maureen Howard (16 Mar 2020 20:07 UTC)
Reply to list

Colleagues,

Valeri Knight and I and maybe others of you were just on the National Low Income Housing Coalition's COVID-19 call - with 2000 others.  It might be the best call of its type I've been on - well organized, excellent presenters and best of all, recorded.  I will send the webinar link as soon as it comes out.

In the meantime, I wanted you to have this two pager document - not only for federal use but also to adapt to state and local governments.

Diane Yentel, CEO of the NLIHC closed the webinar with words we can all use:

Stay healthy

Be kind

Washing your hands

I am also including the link to this morning's Memo to Members & Partners from the NLIHC:  Housing Is Healthcare

--

MaureenHowardConsulting
maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com

Tel: 253-756-8146 (LL)

Cell:  253-255-2200
3320 S. 8th Street
Tacoma, WA 98405

Fwd: Fw: March 16 COVID-19 Update – Town Hall Tonight by Maureen Howard (16 Mar 2020 20:25 UTC)
Reply to list

Colleagues,

Especially those of you in Rep. Kilmer's District - the Sixth.  Michele Thomas, Director of Policy & Advocacy,  for the Washington State Low Income Housing Alliance, suggests we join the call and advocate for a nationwide eviction moratorium and services for people experienced homelessness.

Be well,

Maureen