---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Laura Pierce, Washington Nonprofits <info@washingtonnonprofits.org>
Date: Fri, Mar 27, 2020, 4:10 PM
Subject: Breaking News!
To: Maureen <Maureenhowardconsulting@gmail.com>

Update on federal loans and funding
More News for Nonprofits:  Federal Loans & Funding Opportunities
Dear Friends,

We know you need reliable information, so we're writing again today. We're trying not to overwhelm you, but the news cycle is moving fast!
More on Federal CARES Act
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act has now passed the Senate and the House and is on its way to the president for signature. The National Council of Nonprofits provides some reliable analysis: How Nonprofits can Utilize the New Federal Laws Dealing with COVID-19.

Please note that no one fully understands yet how the loan programs will work or who is eligible. The national network of state associations is working hard to provide you with timely information.
Funding Opportunities
We are know funding sources is urgently needed. We can't promise to be able to organize comprehensive information, but we have a few resources to share right now:
  • Philanthropy Northwest has a list of COVID-19 Response Funds in the region.
  • Since Philanthropy Northwest's list does not include public funding, we've organized some of the leads we are currently aware of in this google sheet. We will continue to add to it in the near term.
We are excited to announce that our partners at AFP Advancement Northwest has created a LinkedIn group for the entire fundraising community! Use it as a gathering place and discussion board during the COVID-19 crisis. AFP leadership has kindly invited you to join that list, where everyone can share resources in real time.

Remember to pace yourself and breathe deeply. If you are needing a hopeful message or feel like things are falling apart, listen to this interview with Rebecca Solnit on "Falling Together."
In Solidarity,

Laura Pierce
Executive Director

Washington Nonprofits
Share Share
Tweet Tweet
Share Share
Forward Forward
Copyright © 2020 Washington Nonprofits, All rights reserved.
Stronger Together

Our mailing address is:
Washington Nonprofits
1265 South Main Street