This is the second presentation on low-cost, affordable housing strategies webinar that I mentioned last week.  Register if interested.  Al Ratcliffe

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Liz Gallagher <liz.gallagher@insightformation.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 1:30 PM
Subject: Register for PopHLC's April 2020 Webinar
To: Allen Ratcliffe <alratcliffe@gmail.com>

See the reprise of this popular webinar!

See one of the most popular webinars PopHLC has presented!

"Low-Cost, Breakthrough Strategies

Tuesday, April 21st @ 2:00 PM Central Time
Featured Presenter
Mr. Bill Barberg

Take and share this opportunity to see Bill present this webinar LIVE April 21st!
Read her bio

Register now for this insightful and informative Webinar!

If you can't attend the live event, register anyway so we can send you
a link to view the video recording after the webinar concludes.
Here are just some of the comments from viewers of the last presentation!

  • Thank you so much for doing this webinar and opening it up in such an accessible format, that is so huge!  Great work.

  • This has been super helpful. I live in a very rural community and accessibility to secure and habitable housing is the number one obstacle for people trying to connect residents with needed services. It is becoming clear the housing is not just going to appear and we are going to have to get creative with our approaches. Those were excellent examples of coming at the problem with a fresh perspective.

  • I thought it was great!  I'm looking forward to upcoming sessions!

  • I benefited by seeing old ideas thru new eyes.  Some tried and true solutions given new validity was helpful. I think it will change minds!

  • This webinar will get you "thinking outside the box" for approaches to the housing crisis. It also highlights the need to approach the crisis holistically, for the individual as well as the community.

  • A very practical and yet transformative discussion of how to achieve affordable housing objectives on a community basis.

  • Very good examples of coming at the problem from a fresh perspective while leveraging existing resources. It is becoming more and more clear that the housing is not just going to appear on its own as a result of magical benevolent market forces.

  • We've talked about unused space but have not had a good strategy emerge. You've offered a practical/achievable approach.  Really thankful for that.

  • … roadmap from aspirational visioning to practical implementation.

  • Thank you, this is a great webinar.

  • … the focus on multiple levels of collaboration and not just the silo discussion about housing solutions

  • This seminar brings up ideas that are not normally discussed when we are trying to provide solutions for our homeless or potential homeless population.

  • Bill's information helps us think around "we can't get developers on board" or 'they can't get the tax credits".  The solutions have been under our nose the whole time :)
  • Not new to me, but very valuable and encouraging to find others are preaching these solutions.

  • Many people need to hear this. Make sure Mayors and city planners get this info. Also, Universities.

  • This was an informative presentation demonstrating that real communities are actually doing things that we talk about.

  • I think it is brilliant how you call out that sometimes just really taking an honest look at systems that are in place not always being very effective and actually making the issues worse (i.e. housing vouchers) never helping to elevate people out of the unfortunate positions that they find themselves in. Putting wealth back in the hands of people vs. exporting to property management companies is key.

  • I think that you hit the nail on the head when you say that communities need to make their own plans instead of letting the contractors and developers continue to exploit their inside knowledge to continue to drive the market.  This is key and providing platforms for people passionate about this.  It seems that moving the needle on the status quo is necessary and so hard to do, especially in small towns where people are so afraid of change.

  • I like the point that not every answer needs to cost million, it seems that the power of collaboration and communication, although possibly slower, could be way more effective in the long run. In the end everyone needs healthy commonsense reminders of the issues from a macro level and how to implement at a micro level.

  • I signed on with limited knowledge and understanding about strategies that are in place and the ongoing steps that one can take to help alleviate some of the housing crisis. I am intrigued by the progress and will be telling other about next month

About the Presenter:

Mr. Bill Barberg

  • Globally recognized expert in Strategy Management, Collective Impact, and Balanced Scorecard methodology
  • Author of the highly-acclaimed chapter, “Implementing Population Health Strategies” in the book, “Solving Population Health Problems through Collaboration” (Routledge, 2017)
  • Highly sought speaker for organizations, communities, and coalitions striving to address issues that no one organization can address alone
  • Winner of 2018 “Health System Transformation” award for innovative work to advance collaboration around the opioid/heroin/fentanyl crisis

We ask that you consider forwarding this email to another person who is committed to making positive change in their community!

Thank you so much,
The Population Health Learning Collaborative

Questions or need help?
Call or email Liz Gallagher
Direct dial (763) 331-8291
liz.gallagher@insightformation.com