Americorps Vista Position at MADF Yvonne Ross (11 Jul 2019 23:32 UTC)
RE: Americorps Vista Position at MADF Lauren Angelo (12 Jul 2019 00:49 UTC)
RE: Americorps Vista Position at MADF Lauren Angelo (12 Jul 2019 00:51 UTC)

RE: Americorps Vista Position at MADF Lauren Angelo 12 Jul 2019 00:49 UTC

It’s actually on our website that this was our previous name! That’s how I found it. I learned a lot too. And they were ADAMANT about describing themselves as an anti-poverty organization. I love that we’ve already realigned in that way.

The photographer Richards Photo is the credited license in almost all of the photos, I’m so curious to see what else is out there. Might be worth a trip to the historical research floor of the main library! Pre-internet documentation of how long we have really been doing this work. Rather than just an anecdote. :)

-L
From: fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org [fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org] on behalf of Yvonne Ross [Yvonne@themadfseattle.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 4:32 PM
To: fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org
Subject: Homeless Coalition -  Americorps Vista Position at MADF

Position Title: AmeriCorps Vista  Mobile Food Bank and Home Delivery Volunteer Coordinator

Reporting To: Case manager/Special Assistant

Position Summary: The Mobile Food Bank and Home Delivery Volunteer Coordinator through Americorps Vista is responsible for developing a strategy to locate sites and events for our mobile food bank and home delivery program. He/she is directly responsible for creating the maps and channels needed for clients to get into our delivery system. The coordinator is also responsible for developing a strategy to recruit and retain volunteers for the program.

Program Details:
·         Start and End Date: August 1, 2019 – August 1, 2020
·         Full Time (40 hours a week including weekends)
·         Living Allowance ($1,084.44 monthly)
·         Education Award or End of Service Stipend
·         Health and Childcare Benefits
·         Mileage Reimbursement for Service-related travel
Duties and Responsibilities:
·         Build capacity by increasing the number of clients we serve by at least 3000 and to maintain 50 new volunteers that will help provide services to the program by August 2020 using a delivery system
·         Develop an activity log that includes the poundage of food given away and the number of people being served along with:
o   Duties performed by the Vista Host and volunteers
o   Locations and number of mobile food bank services
o   Number of home deliveries
·         Recruit and train new volunteers by providing resources and support
·         Raise awareness in the community for the Mobile Food Bank program
·         Coordinate deliveries within the community
·         Implement data evaluation and reporting strategies
Qualifications:
·         Effective oral and written communication skills
·         Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to supervise and motivate volunteers and staff
·         Strong analytical and problem solving skills
·         Ability to work independently and as part of a team
·         Sound computer skills including word processing and database management
·         An understanding of the non-profit, voluntary and social services sector
·         Ability to work flexible hours
About Making a Difference Foundation (MADF)
MADF is a nonprofit, charitable organization with the mission to make a difference in the lives of others, one person at a time, by helping them acquire the most basic needs: food, housing, encouragement, and opportunity.
MADF is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
To apply please for a cover letter and resume to Yvonne@themadfseattle.org<mailto:Yvonne@themadfseattle.org>

Thanks,

Yvonne Ross
Making A Difference Foundation
(making a difference in the lives of others one person at a time)
4218 S. Steele St. Suite 215
Tacoma, WA 98409
P:253-212-2778
F:253-248-4305
www.themadf.org<http://www.themadf.org/>
Disclaimer: This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.  2510-2521, and contains information intended for the specified individual(s) only. This information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, copying, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. if you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the message

This listserv is part of the Tacoma/Pierce County Coalition to End Homelessness<http://www.pchomeless.org/>. E-mail the full coalition by sending to fullcoalition@list.pchomeless.org<mailto:fullcoalition?@list.pchomeless.org> Remember, this list is distributed to over 400 people. Send No information that can identify a client and avoid unnecessary e-mails (a thank you is polite when sent to 1 person, but a nuisance when sent to 400). To unsubscribe from this list please go to unsubscribe page<http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=JWfj3wiD5QiqqYL5DQTHGvIMMCwvsG0g>. Visit the message archive<http://homelessproviders.simplelists.com/fullcoalition> for past messages.